Before I start, I just want to say that seriously, I think getting the UK visa is the most nerve wracking visa experience I’ve ever had just because I never got the chance to speak to a person in the British embassy in the duration of the whole application process because it goes through a separate agency called VFS Global Services. So yep, they’re not hands on and frankly their process was the longest compared to other countries for me. I got my visa 13 business days after showing up in their office but in reality it’s 15 budiness days if you count the online application process. FYI, I already have Schengen, Japan, Korea, and China visas when I applied for UK visa so my situation could be different from yours. Here I’ll try to give a simple and comprehensive guide on how to get a UK visa.
How To Get a UK Tourist Visa From The Philippines (With a Philippine passport)
1. Make Sure You That a SHORT TERM Tourist Visa is the proper visa for you
Are you going to London, Edinburgh, Dublin to roam around the cities and have fun or are you seriously looking for a job? You have to keep your needs in check and make sure to apply the correct visa. Do not lie on the application and for that matter, never put false information on an application form. The web of lies that you will weave is not worth it.
Here are the reasons that qualify for a tourist visa or as they call it, a Standard Visitor Visa
- apply at the earliest 3 months before intended travel date
- for leisure, eg on holiday or to see your family and friends
- for business, or to take part in sports or creative events
- show that you’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit
- show that you’re able to support yourself and any dependents for the duration of your trip
- show that you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey and any other costs relating to your visit
- show that you have proof of any business or other activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by the Visitor Rules